Saturday 8 March 2008

SIX -Sweet tea

You can get addicted to sweet tea here. When we stayed in Panjim, we went on a fruitless search for a jewellers as I wanted to buy a ring. No luck - all rings too small for me. To refresh ourselves, we had tiny cups of very sweet tea made with condensed milk, in a little cafe.
Now we are in the tourist resort of Candolim, the tea offered is English type, with real milk, and not so good.
In the settlement of Old Goa, we went round the Se (this had an accent) and had a nice experience, in addition, because we were invited to a small Hindu wedding. This happened because our taxi driver was looking for an ATM, stopped for me to get cash, and I heard a brass band upstairs. So up I went, and asked if I could come in. The 'best man' at the door, very smart, welcomed us.
Have to stop here as PC playing up.
ADDED LATER
The young man who welcomed us is was the brother of the bridegroom. I took a photo of him. We later had the honour of being photographed with the bridal group, on the podium and shook hands all round. Since they did not know us from Adam, we thought this was so hospitable.

No comments: